Skip to content
- Use UDI’s online application portal to apply.
- NB: You should not apply for a visa; American citizens must apply residence via a “family immigration” permit.
- A separate form must be completed for each accompanying family member. In the online system select “family immigration” as the reason for your application.
- We strongly recommend that the family member(s) submit their applications at the same time that the principal person (student/researcher) submits his/hers. Failure to do so will result in a longer processing time.
- Norwegian regulations generally require that both spouses/partners be 24 years of age or older in order to apply for a family reunification permit. However there are exceptions. For more information please see this page on the UDI website.
- Please see the information on family immigration requirements for students or for scholars (“researchers with own funds”) on the Ministry of Immigration (UDI) website.